These pancakes are not only tasty but they are also super healthy!
GF + Vegan Pancakes (yields 20 pancakes)
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut or almond milk (from carton)
- 2 bananas
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (you can opt for whey protein too if you do not want it to be vegan)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup natural almond, peanut or cashew butter
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (vanilla bean or pure vanilla liquid)
- Mix together milk, bananas, protein powder, vanilla, nut butter + cinnamon in a blender until fully combined
- Next add in the oats + blend until well combined
- Finally, add in chia seeds + blend. Pour mixture into a bowl and let sit for at least 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes. (FYI the chia seeds are an egg replacement, so letting the chia seeds settle allows them to expand and essentially replicate what an egg does!)
- Grease a frying pan with coconut oil and set temperature to medium. I use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to place the batter onto the pan (+ to portion). Cook for at least 3 minutes, flip + cook other side for 2 minutes. The time may vary but I usually flip when the outsides of the pancakes start to harden and batter begins to bubble on top of pancake. Repeat with all the batter.
- Top with raspberry chia jam, berries, maple syrup, unsweetened shredded coconut, nuts, seeds, whatever you like!